January 28, 2015

Sewing made easy - It's the little things

Sewing on your card, yes you are reading correctly. When I put the projects for the January classes together I thought, maybe we should to a little different Valentine's card. 

We made a traditional one and then I found some paper in my stock that was left from a S.E.I. project that I did a few years ago. The perfect paper to create a more masculine card and one that could be used for other occasions than Valentine's day.

The background of this card is black. Centered on it is a piece of "juniper" cardstock from Close to My Heart. I stamped the phrase "It's the little things" on a strip of "slate" (dark grey CTMH) cardstock and embossed with light blue embossing powder. Adhere both design paper and grey cardstock to the center.



Now comes the sewing part. Close to My Heart came out with some great tools to make sewing by hand really easy. First you need the nice long Foam Mat (Z1859) and second the Stitch Guide (Z1852). Put the mat down, place your card on top and line the grid of the stitch guide up with your card. You can position these stitches anywhere you want. Pick the stitch design you want and start poking holes according to the design.
Now I used stitching thread (divide the 6 strings in half by pulling them apart) and a needle and followed the design. I simply tape the end of the thread with tape to the back so it is not slipping through. 
Now your piece is ready to be adhered to the regular white card base.

Well and as I mentioned before, I got hooked on the Journaling Pen (Z1979) drawings inside your card. A little stamped heart and this card is done.

If you haven't done so, come join my classes during each month and have some fun. All levels are welcome, so what are you waiting for?








No comments:

Post a Comment