May 10, 2013

A Doggone Good Day



Welcome to this months card workshop! This month we will create a whole variety of different cards for all sorts of occasions. So have fun following along...

I used the Close To My Heart stamp set "A Bowwow" (A1126) with this cute little Schnauzer. The card base is a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" with the fold on the top. I then covered the front with two different green paper pieces and a black piece of punched cardstock. I stamped the little stone and grass image in black into the lower left corner. 

Instead of coloring the collar of the dog in, I used some bakers twine. I poked two holes into the image. One on the bottom of the collar and the other one into the knot. I then pulled the twine through and created a knot just were the stamped knot was. Now I adhered the white cardstock piece to the red one. This way you won't see the string on the back.
The red cardstock was placed with foam dots onto the card base.    



Inside I used a "Happy Birthday" stamp to finish up the card.

If you like to recreate any of this months cards, please feel free to contact me. I have sets of all four available for purchase. The set comes complete with all items needed except adhesive, glue dots or foam dots. Instructions will be also included. 


No comments:

Post a Comment