October 27, 2013

Give Thanks for All you have

Here you can see the first card of our October Workshop Class I. Yes, we have two in October just so we can keep up with the demand on Thanksgiving/ Autumn cards.

The pumpkins on the porch and the falling leafs in the garden inspired me for this layout. The card base is  4 1/4" x 5 1/2". The bottom of the card was covered with the beautiful design paper from the Huntington paper collection from Close To My Heart. The upper part is a strip of Autumn Terracotta cardstock (CTMH) and the strip in the middle is a piece of Barn Red cardstock (CTMH). I attached the pieces in the order I named them above. This way if you ever have a little imperfection in space, the middle strip will cover it up.

 I stamped the pumpkin in Autumn Terracotta and cut the image out. A bit of chocolate ink around the edges give the pumpkin makes it more realistic. On the white piece of cardstock I stamped randomly leafs in different colors, about 1/3 of the lower card. Adhere the pumpkin with foam dots right on top of the stamp leafs like he is sitting in the middle of them. Stamp and cut out the stem and adhere it to the white paper. Use some hemp, twist it and adhere it with a glue dot under the pumpkin.


I also stamped 3 leafs in Olive, Barn Red and Goldrush ink and cut them out. I used chocolate ink to edge around each leaf. Two leaf are attached with foam dots the other one is glued directly on the card.

"Give Thanks for All you have" ...


No comments:

Post a Comment