November 28, 2016

Exploding Gift Boxes - Craft Show Part 5

These boxes are so much fun to make...can you tell :-)

I didn't do a good job of taking this picture, but this is the only one I have of the boxes. Can you guess why? Yes, they sold out too, but I am working on more. So a close-up might come at a later date too.

These boxes are made from an 8 1/4" square sheet of cardstock, well the bottom of the box is. The lid is made from a separate piece of cardstock. I decorated the inside of the box and the four panels on the outside, as well as the top of the lid. A piece of glitter trim stretches around the rim of the lid and a cute bow finish the lid of. In these samples I added a little Merry Christmas tag to the bow with a piece of silver thread.

The key to this box is the little platform in the center of the box. I started with a whole so a nail polish bottle would fit in or something similar. Then I had the idea, wouldn't it be perfect to wrap a gift card in one of these boxes instead of that little envelope they come in?

Well, the gift card wouldn't fit in horizontally or vertically, but it fit's just perfect in diagonally. So I grabbed my scissors and cut a wedge from the circle to one of the corners, almost all the way to the corners edge. I did the same cut on the opposite site of the first cut to create a diagonal. This will be the perfect spot to place your gift card and it will sit nice and upright in the box.

You can use these boxes for many items and my husband had a really great idea...use it for an engagement ring :-)...well to late for me LOL but a wonderful idea, don't you think?

Please, leave me a comment and tell me what you think of these cute little gift boxes. What would you use them for?....Stay tuned for one final gift idea coming up... 



No comments:

Post a Comment