April 3, 2017

Easter Bunny Family Greetings

Here is our second Easter card. We used the Close to My Heart Stamp of the Month set from February.

Cute little bunny family with happy flowers and a pretty "Happy Easter" greetings.

Since Easter comes in so many colors we did mix up the card bases a little bit. We used pink, blue and yellow cardstock to create the base of this card. It is called an easel card and is pretty simple to archive.

The base is a regular 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of cardstock folded in half. We then folded the front of the card in half again, creating the little stand base. To make sure the folded part doesn't fall flat when put up we added a piece of green cardstock cut at 1" x 5 1/2"with foam dots to the inside of the card. To decorate the strip, we stamped the Easter phrase and a few little flowers to a pieces of 3/4" x 5 1/2" piece of cream cardstock. You can add this strip directly to the green strip or use more foam dots. 

To decorate the easel part of the card, we stamped the little bunny family first on brown cardstock. Then we stamped the clothing part of each bunny on some design paper. Next, yes, more fuzzy cutting again. First off, cut out the clothes and adhere them to the bunny body. Then fuzzy cut the bunnies themselves. 



The background is built from a piece of green cardstock and cream lattice (cut with the Cricut) adhered to each other. When attaching this piece to the easel part of the card front, make sure you only place adhesive on the lower part of the piece. Fold the front of the card over so it stands up and adhere the green lattice piece flush to the bottom of the easel with the rest standing up. Add your bunnies with glue and foam dots to the lattice. Make sure the bunny is flush with the side and the ears are not reaching over the edges of the base (otherwise it will not fit into your envelope). Decorate with some eggs and your card is done.

The card folds flat to be sent in the mail. The side view of the card will give you a better idea how it is folded and how items are adhered. It's a little hard to describe here ..LOL... maybe I should look into creating videos for these things.

Well I hope you like this little cute card as much as we did when we made it. The base is a great way change up your "regular" cards so give it a try.

Leave a comment and let me know what you think and if you ever tried this kind of card base....stay tuned for more to come!


4 comments:

  1. So cute! I just won this stamp set and am eager to use it for cards for my nieces! What Cricut cart did you use for the background "fence"? I think its fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, have fun with the set :-) I know I used one of our Close to My Heart exclusive cartridges for the "fence", but I can't tell you right now which one it was. For some reason Cricut doesn't show me my cartridges in the design space today. I have to contact them to see whats wrong...I will let you know later...sorry about that

      Delete
  2. LOL, I just realized, as I'm making my card, lifting yours, that I won this stamp set from you!! LOL...I have the card you sent me in the stamp folder and pulled it out after I stamped and fussy cut two small bunnies...one each for my nieces! Thanks again for the win! Such a cute set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL that's too funny :-) You are welcome Jennifer. Thank you for commenting on our blog hop each month. Keep hopping and commenting and maybe you get a few more little gifts :-)

      Delete