May 12, 2017

Sailing Boat Birthday Card

Sailing boats are always a welcomed image for a more masculine card. The card base is again a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" cream colored cardstock base.

I added a thin strip of design paper ( 1/4"x 5 1/2") to the left and right side. Next I cut a of piece of blue cardstock measuring 5 1/2" x 4" for the center of the card.

The rectangles are cut at 3 3/4" x 4" from cashmere and cream colored cardstock. I ruffed up the edges of the cashmere piece with my scissors and edged it in some chocolate brown ink. The sailboat image is stamped in cocoa ink onto the cream colored cardstock and the edges are also distressed in chocolate ink. 
The birthday phrase is stamped in cocoa ink as well onto some cashmere cardstock. I cut the piece down close to the phrase.
Before the blue cardstock is added with foam dots to the center of the card, I added the cashmere and cream rectangle to it. Both pieces off-set from each other. I wrapped a piece of burlap string around the left side and fastened it to the backside of the blue paper. Now the blue cardstock was placed in the center of the card, flush with the top and bottom and showing a littler bit of the strips along the sides.

The phrase is added with foam dots flush to the right side and a few gold sequins finishing off this card.





No comments:

Post a Comment