January 18, 2018

January Card Class Projects

Welcome to my card class project of 2018. 

Hard to believe we are already half way through January. Still trying to catch up with things and fighting with a cold, on top, my camera seems to still have some issues. My apologies for the rather dull colors. I have to figure out what's wrong with this thing. Never-the-less here are our class cards for January:


You can never have enough "Thinking of You" cards in stock right? This one used Close to My Heart fern cardstock as the background. We stamped the phrase in black ink and the green leaves in fern ink. The swirl was cut from ivy green cardstock and the heart from silver mat metallic paper. The roses are cut with the Cricut from a piece of design paper with flowers. 

Have you ever created these cute rose? The cut our is a spiral with a bigger dot at the end. You start rolling the paper from the outside to the inside dot. The tighter the roll is the better. Ones you come to the dot in the middle, let go of the roll and the rose will open just a bit. Don't let it unroll to much! Now place a glue dot or two on the dot in the middle and press your rose bundle into it. In case the inside isn't all the way secured, simply add a little bit of glue inside the rose and hold it down until the glue is settled.
The inside of the card in this case contains another swirl and some doodling around the edges.

Valentines Day is coming, so what better way than making some cards with love ;-)

All parts for this card have been cut with the Cricut and one of the Close to My Heart cartridges. The background is cut from slate grey cardstock. I stamped it with white pigment ink. The nice thing about this ink is that it shows beautiful on darker cardstock. The other parts, beside the love cut are edged with slate ink. For the inside I printed out a Dr. Seuss phrase and a piece of eggplant cardstock to go along with.







Last but not least, here is another lovely card. 

I used a piece of bashful (rose) cardstock for the background. I used a stamp with writing on it to add a little texture to it. I used bashful ink as well which is very very light, but just the right amount to give the card a nice settle background. 

The swirl and love phrase have been cut from grey cardstock. The flowers are cut from three different shades of purple. You could layer them just as they are, but to give them a little more effect I used a flower shaping tool on the pedals. Layered together and finished off with a little pearl. 

The inside of this card has another phrase included.


To see more details of each card check back here on the following Wednesdays.

If you like to know more about my classes or if you like to join them, please feel free to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment