April 25, 2018

Sympathy Card - Sea Grass

For this card you need a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" white cardbase.

I started with a pieces of slate grey cardstock measuring 4" x 5 1/4". I used a stitched dies to cut out the center square. 

I stamped the phrase in black ink in the lower right corner before I adhered the "frame" in the center of my cardbase.

For the inside panel, I cut a piece of white cardstock about 1/4" smaller than my die cutout. Since I didn't use a lot of water for the background, using regular white cardstock is fine. 

 Our Close to My Heart Watercolor Paint (Z3132) has just the right colors for this project. Actually the set includes 36 colors so plenty to choose from to find your perfect match.

Using a wide brush I started with the orange, then the blue and at the end the green color. Make sure to let the paint dry really good otherwise your stamped image will be ruined.

Ones my piece was dry I stamped the sea grass image in black ink on it, well and the cute little dragonflies.

I adhered the watercolor image to the cutout stitched element and place them back in the opening raised by some foam dots.

A few matching blue sequins spread out on the front are all this card needs.

For the inside we used a matching phrase and the same sea grass stamp. This time we stamped the grass in a light green. This adds a settle image to the inside.

If you like ad a little black pen doodling and this card is done.

For more information on this projects or others seen here on the blog, please contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment