September 25, 2012

Back on track with "Happy Toughts"

It was a little quite here for a few weeks, but I had a very good reason. My parents were visiting us from Germany and I wanted to spend as much time with them as possible. Since we only get to see each other about twice a year, you can imagine how much catch up we have to do. I can’t believe they are already gone home…

Our September card club date was a little short noticed and due to many reasons I am now finally able to post the cards we made. If anyone is interested to join us each month please let me know. It is always so much fun with the ladies.
The first two cards I will show here are the idea and creation of two ladies from the “Ink outside the box” card swap. Thank you so much for the inspiration ladies….



Happy Thoughts…
For this card you need a piece of 8 ½ x 5 ½ colonial-white cardstock folded in half. I glued a 5 ¼ x 4 piece cocoa cardstock to the center of the front. I divided a 5 x 3 ¾ piece of white cardstock into 3 ¾ x 2 and two pieces 2 15/16 x 1 14/16.   The design paper is cut at 3 ½ x 1 ¾ and two design paper of 2 10/16 x 1 10/16.
The sentiment tab is cut with the Cricut machine and the Close To My Heart Philosophy Cartridge; the cocoa piece at 1 ½ and the colonial-white piece at 1 ¼.
You can place the sentiment either in the middle as seen here or you can use the card upright and place it in the middle or lower half. One of my ladies places it offset and leaning, which made the card look completely different. Have fun and play around with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment