March 12, 2013

Heartfelt Wishes

This is another layout I love to make for cards. I used it here for a sympathy card, but the layout will work for birthdays and other occasions as well.

I used a 5x7 card base and a template to cut the front.

The blue paper is from Close To My Heart. I embossed the paper, adhered it to the front and cut the design on the bottom again.
 The tags are cut with Spellbinders. The green leaves are stamped first and then hand cut.


 These wonderful roses are stamped with the Close To My Heart stamp "Crossword puzzle". I stamped the rose 4 times on patterned paper. The base rose is cut out completely. The next layer was cut out with a few leaves on the outside missing. I continued to do this with the next two layers as well. This means the last layer is just the middle part of the rose. Ink the edges and adhere the parts with glue dots. 
 The little dimensions of the glue dots give the rose just the right 3D effect. I recreated the flowers in blue, but here I worked with only 3 layers. This way you can create different sizes of roses as well.

Assemble card with foam dots and decorate with pearls or rhinestones.

If you like to know more about this technique, please fell free to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment