July 15, 2015

Birthday Oranges Card


Who says you can't use black on a Birthday card? 

This is card number 3 from my June card class. Looking through my special paper pack from last month I found this orange paper. It looks so delicious, don't you think?

So let's get started with this card. The base is a daisy white 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" cardstock base, folded on the top. 

I stamped the "Happy Birthday" phrases in New England Ivy ink. One phrase on a white tag cut out with the Cricut and one phrase on the inside of my card.

I adhered a 4 1/4"x 5 1/2" piece of black cardstock flat on the front. 

I also cut the green tag in half and adhered each half to the white piece, like seen here on the picture.

I further cut a 2" x 5 1/2" piece of sunset cardstock, a 1 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of orange design paper and a 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of orange design paper.

Adhere the 1/2" orange design paper to the bottom of the inside of the card. Now place the 1 1/2" piece of orange design paper in the middle of the sunset cardstock. Make sure the spacing on top and bottom are even.

Adhere strip to black cardstock about 1/2" from the bottom.

Set tag with foam dots onto the card and decorate with a few glitter bubbles.

Like to purchase this card or any other card from the blog, please contact me for details. I also offer card making classes and page classes ...contact me for the current schedule...

No comments:

Post a Comment