July 8, 2015

Congratulation - Gratuation Card


Today we are creating a Graduation card or maybe you can use it as a Anniversary/ Wedding card as well.

Sometimes I like to keep the purpose of the card more open, so you can decide what occasion you would like to use it for. 

I used the Close to My Heart colonial white cardstock for my base. The card measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4". I further cut a piece of "Desert Sand" cardstock at 5 1/4" x 4" and stamped "Congratulations" onto the lower right corner. I adhered it in the center of my card base front.

I stamped a nice sentiment inside the card by using the same ink from the outside, here "Cocoa"



I used colonial white cardstock and a piece of gold dotted vellum to create the three banners.

Colonial white cardstock is cut at 1"x 4", 1"x 3 1/2"and 1"x 3".

The vellum is cut at 3/4"x 4", 3/4"x 3 1/2" and 3/4"x 3".

First cut a triangle from each vellum strip and adhere it to the corresponding colonial white cardstock piece, flush with the top. Now cut the triangles into the colonial white piece so you have a small rim around the vellum. 





I spaced all three banners evenly over the front of the card, but I adhered them differently. 

I used thicker foam dots (you can use two on top of each other instead) for the longest banner, a thinner foam dot for the middle banner and I adhered the smallest banner right to the card.






 I punched out a few stars from Cocoa cardstock and placed them randomly onto the front and one star on the inside.

This was card number 2 from my June card class workshop. Like to join one of my cardclasses or create pages with me? Let me know and we see how we can get the best schedule for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment