October 10, 2016

Born to be Wild - Scooter Card

Here is a project I had a lot of fun with. This is a Birthday card I made for a very special family member who just got a super scooter for her birthday. Being handicapped isn't easy and when I heard about the present she got, I thought I had to make a fun card for her....and this image just hit it home :-)

So first I had this lovely stamp from Art Impressions. I stamped it on some watercolor paper twice and colored it in with my watercolor pencils. I used the second image to cut out just the scooter with I placed with foam dots on top of the first image...oh and the little basket too. Next I created the step card base and here I decided to do steps on each side. But what can you put on the side panels? Well, the racing lady need some kind of background and street to race on...so again, back to my watercolor pencils. I added the gray street portion and some green for trees and a little blue sky. 

Then I found a set of tree stamps from Close to My Heart.  The great thing about the clear stamps is that they are so flexible. I bend the tree stamp on the bottom to make it look like it tilts to the right and stamped it on my right panel. The tree on the left panel was stamped like normal (straight ;-) )

For the second steps up front I simple made two smaller panel and also colored them in in gray. The sign is floating of the scooter and hanging on with a little string that is tucked under the back of the scooter. The cat looks so scared and guess what? The recipient has cats too....coincident?

I placed a piece of with cardstock on the back for some personal words and a few rhinestones finished of this card.... Please leave a comment and let me know what you think of this card?
I had a lot of fun making this card and I know it went to a very special Birthday Girl that loved it as much as I did :-) Now I wait for a real photo of her racing through the neighborhood!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment