January 11, 2017

Birthday Card with Penguin

Our nieces birthday is in December and so everything with snow and winter is always a perfect image to use. 

She is, like every little girl a big fan of "Frozen" and so I decided to incorporate a little surprise for her as well:

I found this perfect Penguin topper in my stack, actually I found two. I cut penguin on of them out and adhered it with foam dots to the first one. 

For the background, I used different sizes of snowflakes and two different kind of blue inks. If you have a dark ink, stamp the image ones in the dark, then without re-inking, stamp it a second time on the paper and you get a light impression of your image. This is called "second generation stamping" and gives you more for your money ;-)

I covered my base with snowflakes, added a piece of mirri cardstock with foam dots and adhered the penguin image to the silver mirri cardstock. A few snowflakes and a "happy" cut out with my Cricut and a little "birthday" stamp bring this card together....well a little bit of clear shimmer brush can't hurt either right?







Our surprise is in the inside. When she opened it, a Olaf figure is giggling towards her. LOL I placed Olaf on "Adhesive Springs"(Z1725) so he moves every time you move the card.



No comments:

Post a Comment