January 23, 2017

Sympathy Card - Our thoughts are with you

A new year brings on a new round of card making classes. Here is one of the cards we made for January and the first one my ladies had to use the embossing machine themselves LOL.

I used to crank these papers through, but my arms are getting tired the more our group is growing and I thought they might like the new experience...and they did.

We started with a card base of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" in whisper (light gray) Close to My Heart cardstock. We added a piece of white cardstock that we run through an embossing machine. 

I cut the leave branches from whisper (light gray), slate (dark gray) and crystal blue cardstock and used the brand new Close to My Heart exclusive Cricut Cartridge "Flower Market".
I love love this new cartridge because it has so many great items on it. I also cut out an oval for the phrase we stamped on and a smaller frame oval that was placed on top of the stamped one. Inside we added another phrase and added a couple of grey rhinestones to finish up this card.



















Stay tuned for more cards to come and make sure to follow my "Friday Technique" posts. If you like to know more about these or other projects from the blog, please feel free to contact me. If you like to join my monthly classes, please contact me as well for more information....

No comments:

Post a Comment