February 27, 2017

A Card from the Heart

I know what you are saying....
but Claudia, Valentine's Day was weeks ago. 

Yeap, you are right, but I just had no time to post them earlier. 

I figured, these cards can be easily changed to a "Mother's Day", a "I love You", a wedding or anniversary card so I still gonna post them ;-)




I used a die for the heart and flowers.

The pink background cardstock is cut at 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" and the dotted design paper is cut at 5 1/4" x 4".
I adhered the ribbon to the design paper across the bottom and tugged the ends to the back. I then adhered the paper to the cardstock. Next I adhered the heart, flowers and phrase tag. The bow as added at the end on top of the dies-cut. 


If you have some ombre papers left or a piece of water-colored paper laying around, perfect. They are great for this simple card.

The cardstock and paper is cut like the top sample. Don't adhere the design paper until you have added the vellum to it! 

I added a few sprinkles with grey ink to the corners of the design paper. Next I started my vellum phrase.


Simply stamp your phrase in Versamark Ink to a strip of vellum (to the right side and the strip should be 6" or a little more). Sprinkle with white embossing powder and heat set. Use a sponge and lightly rub some pink ink on the backside of the vellum right behind the phrase. This will make the phrase show better. Carefully rip the vellum along the two long sides to create a rough edge. Now wrap it around the bottom of the design paper so that your phrase is on the right side. Secure the ends on the back of the paper and adhere it to the cardstock base.

I used a white die-cut heart, pink flowers and some rhinestones to finish off this card. Well, how do you like it? Stay tuned for more..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment