August 18, 2017

A Year of Card Techniques ~ August Blog Hop ~ Stamping On Patterned Paper!

Welcome to the

Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique.  We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas.
We all love our stamp sets and we all love our patterned paper.  Well, this month we’re combining the two by stamping ON patterned paper for some unique projects.  It will be fun to see what stamps and papers our team decides to pair together. And if you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here:


·         February-So Sketchy
·     March-no hop this month
·         April-Stamp Set Showdown
·         May-World of Watercolor
·         June-Basic Card Folds
·         July-Bleaching Your Card


Our amazing sponsor this month is Card a Day Challenge Blog.


Please take a moment to check out the CADC blog here.
And the awesome prize this month is:
Prize #1 


Prize #2

We really appreciate feedback, so please leave a comment on each of the blogs in the hop today. 
The winner will be announced on Sunday, August 27, 2017 on A Piece of (my) Heart’s blog, so be sure to go back and check her blog to see if you are the winner!  If you would prefer to be notified, please leave your email address in the comments and someone will contact you if you win. The winner will have until September 9, 2017 to claim their prize.

You should have arrived here from my talented friend SharonIf you're visiting  here first, you might want to start at the beginning so you don't miss a thing and increase your chances of winning by commenting on each blog.

Stamping on patterned paper ...well sounds easy enough for me, but there are a few little things to think about before you start. Best patterned paper to use are those with a more settled patterned. The wilder the design and color scheme is, the more you will lose your stamped image on it.


Let's start with some more simple patterns. I found this blue paper in my stack and thought it is perfect for the beginning. I know the paper looks like just blue, but it actually is a marbled piece, settle but lots of little "clouds" of blue. 

I used a new stamp set from Close to My Heart "Many Congratulations" (C1693) which contains these lovely flowers. I used my ZIG markers to color them in.


Like I said, very simple but a nice touch. It safes you from having to create your own background. If you wanted it really simple, you could have left the flowers without color, but I kind a like it this way. I mounted the piece on a piece of dark brown cardstock and used a corresponding paper to cover the front of my card base. Next I scored the front in half and creased the fold so it stands up. I adhered the flower piece only to the bottom of the card base (open part of this card is on the bottom).
To insure the card stays open, I placed a strip of the striped paper with my phrase on foam dots on the inside of the card. Easel card is done.

I found a green patterned paper just like this one and made another card with the same flowers stamped on it. Same technique different look. 

So if you are a beginner and like to try the stamping on patterned paper technique, start with some simple background papers. You will see how much fun it is.


Speaking of fun, I created one more card were I used a bit more of a patterned paper than in these two examples.

I had this funny blow fish stamp set from Art Impressions on my desk and while going through my patterned papers, I encountered an orange paper with big dots on it and a green striped paper that somehow coordinated with the orange one.... LOL. This is what came out of it:


I stamped my fish on the orange and green paper and cut the body and head out of each. Well look at this, I got two fishes now. Next I stamped the cake that came with the set on some paper that had sprinkle all over it. They looked like the kind you put on your cakes. I then cut both cakes out, yes...also around all these candles. 

Now what? I was thinking back and forth what to do with this funny looking fishes....and then cutting out my last cake, I accidentally cut some of the candles off. Great idea...let's cut them all of and separate them a bit. Yeap, I am crazy! ;-)

The measurements and instructions will be on my post next Friday since it would take to long to explain here.

I did some coloring on the cake, since the paper I used was just white with sprinkles and I needed a bit more color. 

I also added some white in the fishes eyes to make them pop. The card starts with the fish starting to blow out the candles like the sign on the hook suggests. 
Then you open the first panel to the right and on the next panel (which is the front of my original card base) you will see the fish a bit green in his face from all the blowing....and some messed up birthday cake. 
Open this panel to the left and you will revel your birthday message. 

Stamping on patterned paper is a fun way to get some extra embellishments on your creations or safes you from having to color all the time :-). The possibilities are endless. Have fun stamping ...



Now you’re off to visit with Kim, who always surprises me with her creations. Hope you had fun and thanks for stopping by.  See you next month with another technique!


Don't forget to comment below and on every other hop you visit, we love to hear from you. Also stay tune for next two Fridays to get more information about the techniques used above and more detailed pictures and more...
Hope to see you back here often


Claudia
Always remember:
"Art comes from the heart.
So there is never a right way or a wrong way;

there is only Your Way."

Here’s the full line-up in case you get lost:




20 comments:

  1. They are all great, but the fish and birthday candles are just sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your cards, Claudia. The fish cards are definitely a cute idea.

    Sharon
    A Piece Of (my) Heart Blog
    **Make sure to visit my blog to grab some really great FREE Digi Sentiments.**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend and it was great hopping with you again

      Delete
  3. Great tips as always, Claudia. That blow fish is just TOO cute, and I love that his face turned green!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilma, thank you for your comment. Yes the fish is a cutie :-) Great hopping with you

      Delete
  4. Love that you used that floral stamp on two different backgrounds. And your fish card is so cute. The recipient of that one will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank You Pam for commenting. I'll try my best;-). I hope you got inspired by all the great ideas in the hop when it comes to stamping on design papers.

      Delete
  6. Great cards! Love the flower stamp you used and that cute blow fish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Denise...like every month it is a challenge and some are easier to handle than others....but they are all fun. Hope you enjoyed it and thank you for commenting

      Delete
  7. All your cards turned out so nice. You did a great job all around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, loving those flower,cards! Cute fish Birthday cards! LOL, loving the falling candles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Jennifer...they all were fun to make. Hope you had fun hopping and thank you so much for commenting...I am so happy to see familiar faces

      Delete
  9. Great job of stamping on patterned paper; really love the fish (both ways)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much and thanks for commenting...hope you had fun hopping

      Delete