October 20, 2017

A Year of Card Techniques ~ October Blog Hop ~ Waterfall Cards!

Welcome to the



Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique. We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas.

There’s just something about interactive cards!  And Waterfall Cards are among the best interactive card techniques.  They look intricate, though, so we’ll let you in on any hints we uncover along the way.   Hopefully, we’ll inspire you to try one for yourself.

If you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here:

This month our amazing sponsor is none other than  Bugaboo Stamps

Please take a moment to check out their store here, their blog here and their Facebook page here.
And the awesome prize this month is $12.00 gift code to the store (about four digi images).

We really appreciate feedback, so please leave a comment on each of the blogs in the hop today.  The winner will be announced on Sunday, October 29, 2017, on A Piece of (my) Heart’s blog, so be sure to check her blog on Sunday.  If you would prefer to be notified if you win, please leave your email address in the comments and someone will contact you.  The winner will have until November 16, 2017, to claim their prize.

But now let's get going with the projects, right? These waterfall cards look always so elaborate but actually they are pretty simple to make.... and so much fun to make too.


You only need a few pieces of cardstock and design paper and stamps to create an interesting interactive card. Here is a picture of the items I used for my second card. Not many right? I will give you all the measurements etc on my follow up post next Friday, so make sure to check back.



Here is my first card. Christmas is coming closer and while going through my stack of stamps I found this old Santa one. Perfect for a Waterfall card. The stamp itself has Santa and his sled and three reindeers on it. Well I simple stamped my three white squares this way:
1. Santa and one reindeer
2. First and second reindeer
3. Second and third reindeer
4. square got the Hohoho

Arranged on the strip it looks like the stamp was just spread out right? But when you pull on the tab, the reindeer keep moving ;-)

So much fun and I have to admit the perfect stamp set to use. Remember that whenever you have a long stamp you can just stamp parts of it.
A few little decoration and a little phrase on the inside of the tab finishing off this card. If it comes to materials use, again more in next Fridays post. But if you see the picture at the beginning that's all I used for this card too.
My second card for this challenge uses more fall like papers and stamps and instead of being an horizontal pull out, this tabs pulls out of the bottom of the card. 
I hope you enjoyed this months challenge and make sure to hop along and see what the other team members came up with. Remember to leave a comment below.

Well, have fun hopping and remember to check back next Friday for more details on these projects and more pictures to show off the technique.

You should have arrived here from my good friend Sharon. If you're visiting here first, you might want to start at the beginning so you don't miss a thing and increase your chances of winning by commenting on each blog.

Now you’re off to visit with the talented Wilma. Hope you had fun and thanks for stopping by. See you next month with another technique!


Claudia

Always remember:

"Art comes from the heart.
So there is never a right way or a wrong way;
there is only Your Way."
Here’s the full line-up in case you get lost:
Sharon
Claudia
Wilma
Jearise
Lisa
Jodie
Card A Day Challenge Team
Debbie
Amanda





10 comments:

  1. OMG . . . love the horizontal take on this, and perfect for those reindeer. This is one of those moments where I say to myself, "now why didn't I think of that!" Always great hopping with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudia, these are fantastic. I love the idea of the reindeer...so perfect with the waterfall effect and the vertical waterfall is wonder"fall"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how they flow from one to another with the reindeer and making it horizontal instead of vertical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, LOVE the sleigh and reindeer! You always do such great cards. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Santa and reindeer! I love the fall colors on the second one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job, Claudia. I liked that you showed a visual of the pieces needed to build the card. Your cards are wonderful!

    Sharon
    A Piece Of (my) Heart Blog
    **Make sure to visit my blog to grab some really great FREE Digi Sentiments.**

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both your cards. They are very creative. I have to remember lining up the stamping like you did in the first card and using cut out like you did in the second card.

    ReplyDelete