October 25, 2017

So very Sorry - Sympathy Card

Sadly there is always a need for Sympathy cards. I like to keep mine simple but elegant.

The base of the card is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I cut a piece of white cardstock at 4" x 5 1/4" and used a rectangular die with a stitching design to cut out the center part. Don't toss the cut-out away, we will use it again.

I also cut a piece of grey design paper at 4" x ca. 1 1/2" and stamped it with the "So very sorry" phrase using black ink. It was adhered to the bottom of the white cardstock piece with the cut out.

I then adhered this piece with foam dots in the center of my card front.

Now to the cut-out part: I stamped two flowers from the Close to My Heart stamp set "Many Congratulations" (C1693) in black ink on the piece. Using some liquid adhesive  (Tombow liquid glue) on the back of the cut-out, I placed it back inside the cut directly on the card front. Yeap, no fudging around, it is snug and perfect in the center. In case you do need to move it a bit, the liquid glue will help you here. A small bow is added to the end of the flowers and a few grey rhinestones are finishing of this card.

A nice phrase is stamped on the inside of the card and I used a black pen to do some doodling around the edges.
If you have questions about this card or any other card you have seen here on my blog, feel free to contact me. If you live in the area, I also have a monthly card making class were you can create many of these cards yourself, learn new techniques and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment