February 19, 2020

Angel Hugs


Today we are using the beautiful stamp set "Angel Hugs" Z3634 which includes matching dies. It is such a simple but beautiful set and if you don't like or need the dies, you can get the set just as a stamp set as well "Angel Hugs" C1820.

Here is a quick look at the set before we talk about the card I made:


When I saw this set in the Idea Book I knew I would use it for a sympathy card. Simple but meaningful. I went with a simple design paper in grey for my background. I was debating between a settle light pink or this sea grass color for the middle. While both would work great, I decided to go with the sea grass color. I used white cardstock and stamped the angel with Charcoal ink. Charcoal is a really nice dark grey and not as harsh as a black ink would have been.

A little strip of silver ribbon on the bottom and a "praying for you" phrase is all this card needed.
Instead of coloring the angle completely I decided to give her just a hint of color. I used my watercolor pencils and added just a hint of light blue to her dress and a little bit of brown to her hair. I don't think it needed any more color than that.
For the inside phrase we used a sentiment that came with the set.

Beside for sympathy cards, these angels would also make great Christmas cards or Thank You card for an angel in your life.





No comments:

Post a Comment