February 7, 2020

Let's Spruce it Up - Part 2

Here we are with our layouts from the "Spruced Up" G1194 workshop kit. Remember, this is the kit with all elements that you need to create these pages:

But know let's see the other two layouts that come with the set:

I really love this setting. While the original design only asked for 3 pictures, I used some extra cardstock and added a few more. I also changed the line up of the borders on the bottom of the page just a bit. I cut about 1/4" of the middle border and stacked them closer together than in the original layout. Some Clear Shimmer was added to the trees including the wooden ones.


The background paper is one design of 6 from the Spruced Up paper pack. The trees are pre-die cut and the deer and little trees are from the sticker sheet. The wooden elements are also included in this set so there is no looking for matching embellishment ;-)



The right page combings a cute tree cut out and more die cut trees and wooden elements. The row of trees seen here is special. They come on one of the die cut sheets but also contain fold lines. Fold the trees accordingly, open them back up and adhere them loosely to the page. A super cute 3D effect without adding any bulk to your pages.



Last but not least, here is the third double page layout of the workshop kit:

This was a layout were I didn't really needed to change anything. I liked it the way it came...well ;-) you know me beside one little change. Instead of placing the little bird into the middle frame of the right page I used it for a photo spot and added the birdie on top.
I did used some clear shimmer that I brushed on the berries and some branches.



The circle frames are easy to punch out and you can use the inner circle as a template for your pictures. I placed the frame on thin foam squares so it pops up a little and it makes it easy to slight the pictures in the circles. The branches are either die cuts or stickers. A few wooden elements round up this pages.





 The other page mirrors the first page in elements and decor. Like I stated before, I used the middle ring for another photo spot and added the little bird above the first circle.
I really love our new workshop kits, because they completely take the guess work out of creating matching pages. Everything in the kit works well with each other. If you are a beginning scrapbooker you can relay on the guide and create wonderful pages with ease. If you are a pro you can take the inspiration and change it up anyway you like.

Next Friday we will look into the "Celebrate Today Scrapbook Workshop Kit G1193" and explore what we can create with this kit. By the way, with those changes I did, I still had a lot of stickers left, as well as wooden elements and 3/4" of a 12"x 12" design paper sheet. Inn previous kits I had even more leftovers for more pages to add to the 3 double page layouts the kit includes.




No comments:

Post a Comment