February 24, 2016

Masculine Birthday Card

Here is another version of a masculine card using some of the same elements I used in a card a few days ago except for a few little tweaks.

Let's see what is different? Naturally the background is different. Here I started with a piece of blue cardstock from Close to My Heart. I used two background stamps: one is striped and the other one has a chevron design. I alternated the stamps. 

The stripes were first stamped in white ink. I offset the stamp (this is great when your stamps are clear, so you can see through them while stamping) and stamped a second image in light blue next to the white.


I did the same with the chevron stamp using the matching ink color for the cardstock and a darker blue. Once everything was dry I used some of the word stamps that came with the old timer set and stamped them all over the background in a light grey color. This piece of background measured 3 3/4"x 5" and was adhered to a piece of 4"x 5 1/4" black cardstock. Center the combo on a 4 1/4"x 5 1/2" white card base and you are almost done.

I used the same black cardstock tag stamped with white ink, just this time I didn't cut out the inner portion of it. I also stamped both old timers again, one in blue and one in lagoon. I cut both cars out and adhered one flat to the card and the other one with foam dots. A few pearls, a piece of twine, some decoration on the inside of the card and the envelope and this card is done.

Two cards with the same colors, the same elements, but still different after all. Leave me a comment and let me know which one is your favorite and what you like best about them. Love to hear from you! 

If you are interested to learn new techniques contact me to see what classes are coming up. Come join us for some fun time...



No comments:

Post a Comment