February 8, 2016

A Valentine's Heart

Valentine's Day is just around the corner and we had to make a card for our loved once.

This heart shaped card is a a cute little way to wish someone a Happy Valentines Day.

I used the Heart Shape Dies from Little B for this project. The size is about 4 1/2" x 4".




First I cute the heart twice, ones from Daisy White and ones from Ruby cardstock. I used the size smaller die for the Daisy White heart that went on top. 

Second I scored a line on the top part of the white heart, just above the part were the two half's meet in the middle. Now I stamped the sentiment in the middle in some Whisper grey ink from Close to My Heart. 

Fold the little scored area towards the sentiment, bend back and place adhesive on the side facing you. Place the red heart on top of the white one and press down. Both hearts should fit right on top of each other. Your card base is done!

Next I embossed the smaller white heart with a rose design. I stamped a few branches in Whisper grey ink on the bottom of this heart. The branches are from the January stamp of the month set. 

I used the silver Metallic Marker (Z1768) to trace around the heart before I adhered it with thin foam dots to the heart base. I punch the little hearts out of our awesome Close to my Heart glitter paper. 

I used Red Glitter Paper (Z3075) and the White Glitter Paper that comes with the Gold Glitter Paper Pack (Z3076).

The "Love Ya" phrase is cut out of black cardstock using a CAS-ual Fridays die.

Now that this card is done, we need a fitting envelope for it. I used some shimmer paper and an envelope punch board to create a matching envelope for this card.

So what do you think? Isn't this a perfect Valentine's card? Leave a comment or send me an email, I would love to hear from you. Come join one of my classes and see how much fun it is to create your own cards...Beginners or Pros...all are welcome! 






No comments:

Post a Comment