June 8, 2012

Milk Cartoons as little gifts

It was a no brainer for me, when my friend Karen asked me if I like to support the Relay for Life cause again this year. Like last year I like to do something special to raise money for the Relay for Life.
So while I was looking for a good idea, I came along these super cute “My Creations Milk Cartons (Z1739)” from Close To My Heart. I previously had ordered them from the current Idea Book and as it so happens, they make the perfect gift for the silent auction in June.



I love these little milk cartons. I cut a 12”x 2 ¾” stripe of the new Dotty Paper and a 12” x 1 ½” grey wool cardstock stripe. I stamp my phrase and the flourish border in Twilight and Grey Wool Ink form Close To My Heart onto the grey cardstock and then glued the grey cardstock in the center of the Dotty paper. Fasten the paper border around the milk carton and decorate as desired.
I stamped and cut out a flower and heart for decoration and attached them to the box with foam dots. Bakers’ twin was wrapped around twice and tied with a knot.
The butterfly is originally white with black script on it “Flutter Paper Shapes (Z1463)”. I used sponge daubers with Sweet Leaf and Twilight Ink to dye the white butterfly. The finished colored butterfly was glued to the corrugated chipboard butterfly with a glue dot. The pin holding the butterflies up is created with beads and pin form my local craft store.
The milk carton comes in a set of two including the black metal clamp to hold the box closed. If you like to know more about this project, please let me know….Have fun crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment