November 4, 2013

Fall Thank You's

Here is the second card we made in the October Card Class workshop II. Thanksgiving is all about giving Thanks. A little "Thank you" can mean so much, so why not say it more often:


For this card I used a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card base of Colonial White (a cream white) cardstock. I adhered a piece of barn red cardstock from Close To My Heart in the center of the front part of the card. 

Now to the flower part:
First I stamped the flower image from the "Happy Autumn" (D1550) stamp set from Close To My Heart on a piece of 4" x 3" colonial white cardstock.
To create the multi-color stamp image I used the sponge dauber technique. So how does this technique works you might ask?

I used four different inks, barn red, autumn terracotta, gold rush and olive green. For each color I used a separate sponge dauber to avoid color contamination on the ink pads. This is very important, especially for lighter colors!
I always start with the lightest color. I sponged gold rush on the bottom on the flower. Next was the autumn terracotta and on the top some barn red. A little bit of olive was applied to the bottom. A big huff on the stamp and on the paper it went. Now all that was left was to stamp the stem in olive green.

Using the same technique, I stamped just the middle part of the flower one more time on a separate piece of cardstock. From this piece I cut out just the middle flower as seen on the picture and adhered it with some foam dots right on top of the original stamped image. This gives your flower a more dimensional look. You can layer multiple layers like this on top. Make sure you cut away just a bit more from each layer than the previous one. Flatter foam dots will make the illusion even more realistic.

At last I added a little ribbon bow and a "Thank You" tag to the card.

What a wonderful card to say "Thank You", don't you think?

If you like a set of my card class workshop pre-made or ready to finish at home, please contact me for more information.


   



No comments:

Post a Comment