November 30, 2013

Home for the Holidays

Here is my final Christmas card form this months card class. In traditional colors and with lots of glitter...you should see my basement :-) 




This card started with a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" colonial white base. I used a piece of 4" x 5 1/4" desert sand cardstock from Close To My Heart. This piece was embossed and enhanced with gold ink on the embossing images.

A piece of red and green design paper was used to create the middle part of this card. The red piece measures about 3" x 2 1/2" while the green one is 3" x 1 3/4".
I adhered the red and green paper onto the embossed piece. I used a golden ribbon to create a little bow on the right side. The bow was attached with glue dots to the right and the rest of the ribbon was adhered with glue dots over the seam of the green and red paper. The leftover ribbon is adhered on the back of the embossed cardstock. Now you can glue the whole piece in the center of your card base. This way the ribbon will be secured behind the embossed layer. 
Whenever I adhere embossed paper pieces I make sure to use a good amount of adhesive so the layers will hold together.

The oval colonial white cardstock was cut out with the Close To My Heart Cricut cartridge. The phrase comes in a straight line, but the beauty of these clear stamps is that you can bend them nicely in any other shape as well. So I bend it in a have oval and stamped it on the bottom of my cardstock piece. Now I could place the little house stamp right above it...

I colored the house in a little bit by using color pencils. Two pine trees were stamped on an extra piece of colonial white cardstock and cut out with scissors. 

I used a glue pen on the house image and the two pine trees on those areas where I wanted the extra fine glitter to be. Once the glue was a bit dry I sprinkled the fine glitter all over the images. Make sure to tap off all the extra glitter before you go on with the assembling.

The oval image was placed with foam dots in the middle of the card. For the one pine tree I used two foam dots top and bottom to place it on the left side of the oval, overlapping the house image just a bit. The second pine tree only got one foam dot on the bottom and a glue dot on the top. This one is places a bit offset underneath the other one. 

This card is also available for purchase...Let me know if you are interested.

Stay tuned for gift card holders and so much more in December...





No comments:

Post a Comment