Materials needed for this project:
- a 7" x 6" piece of Close To My Heart "Frosted" design paper
- two 1 6/8" cardstock squares
- 1" x 2" cardstock piece in Sky Blue
- 3/4" x 1 3/4" design paper "Frosted" lighter side
- two pieces of ribbon
- a pink small flower and a pearl
- two Roche Chocolates for filling (in this case they fit perfectly in this box)
- sentiment stamp, black ink pad, adhesive, strong tape adhesive, glue dots
This punched design for the box is available on our Close To My Heart Cricut cartridge "Artiste". If you have one of the box punch boards that are available from other retailers you can use it as well.
The paper is scored along the lines in four different place. Make sure your folds are nice and crisp. To make assemble easier later on, also fold the sides like shown in the picture on the left. The blue/ grey design you see will be on the outside of the box.
Fold your sides back down an bend the box along the folds in the middle. You will end up with a long rectangular box.
Place strong tape adhesive on the smaller end on one side (blue/grey design) and adhere it under the other side. Openings and sides should line up perfectly.
Now we pay our attention to one end of the box. Squeeze the box together on the side folds we made earlier. The box should close automatically if you press all four middle creases together towards the middle of the box.
Don't worry about the ends yet. Take one of your ribbons and tie it around the middle folds so they stay together, like on the picture here...
Don't pull the ribbon to tight, otherwise you will rip the paper.
... check tomorrows part 2 of the Bonbon box ...