June 18, 2014

A Hot Air Balloon Birthday ride



This Hot Air Balloon pop-up card was so much fun. So let's start and see how this one started out. The card base is 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" of Sky Blue cardstock from Close To My Heart. I created the balloon from the "Balloon Ride" paper pack. I used the coordinating stamp set to stamp the balloon on the backside of the paper. I cut out just the balloon and adhered it with foam dots to the card. For the basket I used a strip of design paper, scored at 1/4" increments and accordion folded. I used three medium glue dots, spaced evenly to attache the folded piece. Stamp Happy Birthday on the tag and place it with foam dots on top of the balloon.

For the inside you would need a pieces of colonial white cardstock measuring 4 1/8" x 8 3/8". Fold the piece in half and cut two slits into the folded side, about 3/4" into the card and about 1/4" apart from each other. Open the piece and push the cutting part inside. 
Now I used a sponge dauber to apply blue ink for the sky and green ink for the ground. I started with the blue and went in circular motions from the corners to about 1/3 of the top of the card.


I did't the same with the green ink, but this time I went over the middle fold a little bit. Make sure you create a little hillside on the sides. Using the stamp set "Give A Lift" (D1581) from Close To My Hear I stamped both hot air balloons on a piece of colonial white cardstock with StarzOn ink. Using my blending pen and multiple Close To My Heart ink color pads I colored the balloons in. I cut the one balloon out whole and attached it to the sky portion on the card (left balloon). The banner "Best Wishes" was stamped separately and cut out. I adhere it with foam dots to the balloon.
The second balloon I only used the top part. This one was adhered to the little step we cut out earlier. 
A piece of white cardstock gives you room to place your wishes.

On this shut you can get a better look how the step looks like that was cut out and bend inside the card piece. Now you can adhere the second card piece the the blue cover. Make sure it is sitting straight inside. It might be easier for you to adhere the inside piece to the card base (cover) first and then decorate as described above.

 The little step is about 1 1/2" from the right side. You can use this technique for many other pop-ups. Depending what item you like to pop-up when opening the card, you have to alternate the step accordingly.

Would you like to order a set of this card or the whole month? Please feel free to contact me....

No comments:

Post a Comment