March 20, 2015

"Brushed" Page Layout Technique 1

Last Friday I introduce the new "Brushed" layout. I often get the question: "How do I decorate my page once my layout is done?"

I usually use different material, depending on the layout. This "Brushed"(X7190B) paper pack gives you quite a few options.

I decided to use the Close to My Heart stamp set "A Budding Friendship" (D1602) and some Cranberry, Canary, Pixie and Sweat Leaf Ink to stamp the flowers and leafs seen in the picture.
Black ink for the outline seemed to be a bit harsh, so I used Slate (grey) ink instead.
I stamped all items on to daisy white cardstock and cut them out. Just arrange them in the corner of your picture and make sure to raise a few with foam dots. I left the upper left corner of the big flower adhesive free, so I can slight the picture behind it. 

Another option for you to use are the "Brushed Complements" (X7190C). Beautiful vellum stickers which will enhance multiple layouts you create with this paper pack. 
Or how about some metal flowers? The "Brushed Assortment" (Z3013) would be a great addition to you page too. Last but not least, you could cut out some of the flowers from the design paper and add them to your layout. 


Join me in one of my page classes to learn more about creating and embellishing. Please contact me for upcoming classes...



No comments:

Post a Comment