March 13, 2015

Summer Page Layout "Brushed" - Part I

"Brushed" is one of my favorite Close to My Heart paper pack from this years annual Idea Book. I love the vibrant colors, especially after this long and cold winter.

Doesn't this bring sunshine into your house?


This "Brushed" (X7190B) paper pack not only creates one layout, no, you have plenty of papers and cardstock to create at least 3 layouts from it. Add a few pieces of daisy white cardstock to it and you can create even more. Page 1 of this layout uses a 7 3/4"x5 3/4" picture. The photo mat measures 8"x6". You can also use two 3 3/4"x5 3/4" photos instead.

Why the odd picture sizes you wonder? Yes, normally you would use a 8"x6" or two 4"x6" pictures, but then you have to cut your photo mat about 1/4" bigger, which will result in a lot of paper scraps with odd measurements.

rather prefer to cut my pictures down slightly (just by a 1/4") which usually doesn't make a difference to the picture, but ...
... it makes my paper cutting more efficient!

 If you like to know more about cutting papers, designing your layouts and get the most for you money form your supplies,...just sign up for one of my classes. I would love to show you how to do it!

If you like a kit of this layout to create at home (all items pre-cut and stamped), please contact me...stay tuned for more




No comments:

Post a Comment