November 9, 2015

A flock of birds "Thinking of you"


Well, here we go I am hanging behind a little bit with our Card Class projects, but I try my best to catch up.

This was a card we did in October. Simple but so much fun. I got the idea from a make & take card we once did at Stamppeddlers down in Northville,MI. Never have been to the store? Well you should check it out. Love the ladies and there is always something new to see and learn.
OK, but back to the card... I used two different dies for this card. One is the branch you see here and the other one are the birds. The bird die cuts 6 at a time and I had to crank it through my machine a few times using different colored cardstock pieces. 

We place the branch on the colonial white cardstock base and adhered the birds with little glue dots (that was the hardest part ;-) )

We stamped our phrase in chocolate brown ink from Close to My Heart and used a sponge to create the little speckles you see here.

And naturally, there has the be something going on the inside as well.... a little phrase and a few extra birdies finishing of this card.

Stay tuned for more to come ...





No comments:

Post a Comment