March 5, 2016

A Special Greeting - Happy Wedding Day

Here is card No# 2 from my February card class. Looking familiar? Well, I had a similar version of this card on the blog awhile ago. This started as a project for the monthly blog hop I attend and I liked the result so much I thought I can tweak it for my class too.

The original was for a technique called "Ink Layering" and you can find it HERE on the blog. 

For my class I skipped the part stamping the outline flower in white ink. The white ink simply takes to long to dry and therefore would not work for a 2 hour class ;-). But the card still looks very pretty without this step, don't you think?

So how did we make this card? I used a piece of daisy white cardstock from Close to My Heart for the stamping base. This piece measures 3 3/4" x 5" and is backed by a piece of slate cardstock measuring 4" x 5 1/4". First I stamped the full flower background in "Pixie" ink before I stamped the outline in "Pomegranate" ink on top. The clear stamps make it really easy to line the images up. 

Next I stamped the outline on a couple of post-it notes, so that each outline as some of the post-it note adhesive included. I cut these flowers out and placed them on top of my already stamped roses. This technique is called "Masking". You place a "mask" on top of a stamped image to cover it and protect it from getting stamped on in the next step.

Now I used the little branch stamp included in this set and more of my Close to My Heart "Slate" ink. I randomly stamped the branches around the flowers and since I covered my roses I didn't had to worry about stamping the branches right over them. You want to stamp over your mask so the branches appear behind your flowers. Once the bottom and some of the sides are filled remove your masks. Voila .... stunning results right?

I used the same technique to decorate the envelope and the inside of my card. The phrases are stamped in black ink. I added a piece of white ribbon around the finished stamped image and added a little bow and rhinestone to it. 

Now adhere the stamped cardstock to the grey and to the card base measuring 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" with a fold on the top.

Masking is a great technique when you try to get dimension to your stamped images without adding layer over layer of cardstock. Try it with some flower images and create a bunch of them.

Leave a comment what you like about this technique or if you have tried it yourself. Let me know if you would like to join my monthly class and have some fun. No matter what it is, I would love to hear from you.

Stay tuned for more.... 






No comments:

Post a Comment