March 23, 2016

Easter Card


Easter is almost here and this month we created some Easter cards in class.

For this card we used the Close to My Heart stamp set "Easter Wishes" (B1422)which will retire July 31st.

The card base is made from Colonial White cardstock and folded on top. I cut a piece of kraft cardstock at 4 x 5 1/4"and centered it on the card base.


A piece of colonial white is cut at 5" x 3". I used a strip of buttercup cardstock 5" x 2" and embossed it before I punched out half a circle on the top right. 

I adhered the cream cardstock to the top of the kraft piece. I simply laid the yellow piece on the bottom of the kraft piece and marked the circle portion and the top of the left side for stamping. Now I used chocolate brown ink to stamp the chicken image and the phrase on the cream color piece. I erased the pencil lines and started assembling the card further.

I used a strip of 1/2" x 5" of craft cardstock and adhered a small strip of crochet ribbon to it. Next I used my bakers twine and wrapped it around finishing it of with a bow.

I attached the piece to the buttercup cardstock and placed the whole assemble with foam dots to the card base, flush on the bottom of the kraft cardstock.

I simply stamped my "Happy Easter" inside the card and decorated it with the half circle that was punched out earlier.

If you feel like it, you can color the little chicken in with some pencils or watercolors.

Please let me know if you have questions or like to attend one of my card classes.

Stay tuned for more cards to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment