July 17, 2019

Card Class Project May - 2/4

This is one of my favorite designs since it uses up all these pretty little paper strips we gather while working on pages and other projects. I hate to throw those away but they keep piling up in my boxes. So what better way than to make a card out of them. This one in particular could use for so many occasions. Wedding, Birthday, Get Well, Sympathy...you name it.

Materials needed:
- card base 4 1/4"x5 1/2"
- paper strips in different designs and/or cardstock. Mine are all 5" long and the width is 1/2", 3/4", 1 1/2" and 1"
- red cardstock 1 1/2"x 4 1/4"
- white cardstock 1 1/4"x 4 1/4"
- a couple of butterflies

To create this card, simply adhere the strips in the center of your card base. I started with the 1" on the right. I made sure that the space on the top and bottom as well as the side was even. From there just ad one strip at a time.

We stamped the phrases outside and in with charcoal ink. I adhered the white cardstock to the red and raise it with foam dots to mount on the card. Decorate with butterflies and do a little doodling on the inside and this card is done.

Didn't I said it is super easy? Yes, it was and I think it is really pretty too. So get out your paper strips and start making some cards. Remember you can always use the design in vertical and horizontal fashion!
For more inspiration on card layouts and designs, check out the Close to My Heart "Make it from Your Heart Book - Volume 4 (9044). A really great source for ideas and inspiration.













No comments:

Post a Comment