July 31, 2019

Card Class Project May - 4/4

Here is our last project from my May card making class. Like last weeks project, this one is also a masculine card and I thought I show you a little before and after comparison. When I designed this card I looked at my finished project and didn't liked it. Well I liked it, but it felt like something was missing. So I played around a bit and then I found these different gears on one of my Close to My Heart cartridges. I cut them from silver foiled paper and added them to my prototype and long and behold, that made all the difference in the world. Don't you think so?



Materials needed for this card:
- 4 1/4"5 1/2" card base
- 1 1/4"x5 1/2" grey design paper
- 3"x5 1/2" sapphire cardstock
- 1/4"x5 1/2" goldrush cardstock strip
- 2 1/2"x2 3/4" white cardstock
- grey/white bakers twine
- a few grey/white sequins and the silver gears

Adhere the grey design paper to the left of your card base. Now adhere the sapphire cardstock to the right of the base butting up with the grey paper. Stamp poka-dots in black on the goldrush strip and adhere it over the seam of the grey and blue papers.

Stamp the background onto the white cardstock in goldrush ink, then stamp the phrase in black ink on top.  Wrap the bakers twine around the white cardstock and adhere the piece to the card, about 1/2" from the bottom and flush with right side of the card. Add your sequins and gears to decorate the card. Don't forget to stamp, doodle and decorate your inside as well.

One more design that can be found in the Close to My Heart "Make it from Your Heart Book - Volume 4 (9044)". See for yourself how many wonderful ideas and inspirations are included in this book.











No comments:

Post a Comment