April 22, 2015

Easter Box Card


How often did you made a dimensional card like a box card and then you couldn't find the right envelope to sent it our? Or it was so thick you had to sent the card in it's own box?

This box card we made in our card workshop last month is a great alternative. I folds completely flat when you sent it out via mail. Once you open it, it turns into a cute little box.

Don't believe me? Well keep on reading...

The "wishing You" sentiment was stamped with individual letters and two different fonts.

I used the Close To My Heart stamp set "Easter Wishes" (B1422) to stamp the Easter egg for the inside and a second one for the two shells. I colored both stamped eggs in with watercolor pencils. I cut the second stamped imaged out and in half.

I further stamped 5 leafs, cut the stem of the flower from sweat leaf cardstock (just a small strip) and my Cricut cut out the grass (Close To My Heart Cartridge) and the "Happy Easter" tag. The phrase "Happy Easter" is from the same stamp set I used for the eggs.

Now to the card base...I used a strip of cardstock, measuring 5 1/2" x 10 3/8".
The base is scored at ---- and folded. I punched out a scalloped circle in the top of the panel next to the 1/4" tab fold. The 1/4" fold will be adhered to the first panel, which will create the box when opening the card.

Place the stamped and colored egg piece behind the punch out. Adhere it to the back while the card is open, otherwise you image will not be centered when the card is open!!!

Decorate as shown...

Would you like to learn how to create cards like this? Would you like to learn new techniques? How about joining my card workshop and learn how easy it is to create these wonderful cards?


No matter if you are a beginner or a pro, come join me and let's have some fun...I would love to show you how to make these cards. Contact me of details on classes or if you have any questions... 






No comments:

Post a Comment