October 25, 2012

A Box Full Of Thanks

Before we get to see the next Christmas cards we will do in class in November, I thought I share this little project with you. A very nice neighbor of mine saw some of the cards that I have made in the past and she had the idea to surprise a friend of hers with some handmade “Thank You” cards in box. She asked me if I could do something like this for her and here is what I came up with:
The Box
I created this lovely box from two pieces of 12x12” grey card stock. (Thanks Tresa Black for this idea) I decorated it with some Close To My Heart paper, added a piece of sweat leaf card stock around the box and adhered the ribbon to it. The front is decorated with a dark grey piece of card stock and a white piece cut about ¼” smaller than the grey one. I found the perfect sentiment to go on the front and stamped it in black ink. The flowers are cut from the new Artiste Cricut Cartridge from Close To My Heart. 
I had the Cricut cut them in different sizes from Smokey Plum card stock. These are so great to make and easy. I rolled them up from the outside in and adhered them with a couple of glue dots. To make sure nothing comes apart, I added some extra liquid glass in the middle. Once the glue was set I decorated the flower edges with Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel from CTMH. A few free hand cut leaves in green and the box is done….Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment