October 27, 2012

A Flower Thank You

Isn't this another nice way to say Thank You? The design is from the new “Make it from your Heart” book from Close To My Heart. If you haven’t seen it yet….let me know. This is a wonderful inspiration for your pages and card designs. All measurement and instructions are in it and for only $ 7.95 (plus Tax+SH) it is a great investment.



The base is a regular white 4 ¼”x5 ½” piece of card stock. I used a 4 ¼”x5 ½” piece of desert sand card stock for the front cover. It was inked around the edges and I stamped with vanilla pigment ink the letter design on it. I stitched around the card with chocolate embroidery floss. The Close To My Heart ruler is a great tool to get the holes all lined up correctly. I used card stock pieces of light blue, Indian corn blue and holiday red to create the middle part of my card. I embossed two of the pieces with stripes and sanded them down to show the white card stock core. I also sanded around each piece to get the distressed look.
I placed the light blue piece first, and then the darker one followed by the ribbon. With foam dots I added the red card stock piece on top of everything else. I used the stamp set “Just for you” to stamp the outline of the flower on a white piece of card stock. The pedals are stamped in different colors and cut out. All pedals are attached with a glue dot on the tip of the pedal. The middle is then covered up with a round medallion and a big brad. I placed the two green leaves (they also come with the stamp set) under the flower and another Thank You is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment