October 2, 2012

A wreath of leaves...

Sometimes we create all these wonderful cards and have so many papers left. What can you do with all the leftovers? When I prepared my class for the gift card holder, I ended up with many sweat leaf green paper strips. So I decided to give my Card Club Members a little thank you note.



I used a 3 ½ x 7 piece of the sweat leaf cardstock leftovers and folded it in half. The Close To My Heart stamp set “Remarkable Wreath” (C1473) was just the right one for this project.
I stamped the base stamp (branches) in chocolate ink first. The leave part needs to be stamped twice, since the stamp comes in a half circle. I used Autumn Terracotta, Olive and Cranberry Ink to create the leave colors. Simply use a sponge dauber for each color and daub the color in a stripe pattern onto the stamp. Stamp on one half of the base wreath and repeat with the other half.
The Thank You note was also stamped in chocolate ink and cut out. I adhered it with some foam dots to the card and my little “Thank You” note was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment