October 29, 2012

A Rose of Thanks

This is another one of my favorite designs. So simple, but so impressive, don’t you think?



A base of white 8 ½”x5 ½” cardstock was folded in half, with the fold on top. I used a template to trace the scalloped edge on the front of the base. With scissors I cut along the edge and created this wonderful scallop. I adhered a piece of design paper 3”x5 ½” on the lower front of the card, covering the scallop. Then I trimmed the access away to recreate the scalloped edge. I layered a piece of cocoa cardstock (edges rounded) and a piece of design paper (also rounded edges) about ¼” smaller than the first piece. Both are glued to the card. I cut out the colonial white tab with the Cricut, stamped the sentiment in chocolate ink on it and used my piercing tool to create the border. Two pieces of ribbon are attached to the tab and decorated with little brads. The little roses are created from 1” circles. 


I stared rolling from the outer edge toward the inside, glued it to the center and place a little pearl in the middle. The leaves are free hand cut from green cardstock and placed underneath the roses to complete the card…..I would love to get this card

No comments:

Post a Comment