May 27, 2016

My "Brushed" Layout in a re-designed version

Here is a layout that might look familiar to some of you who are following my blog on a regular base. Well it kinda is an old friend restyled a bit if I might say so...

So what do I mean by that. I happen to come across two of my "Brushed" layout kits. I designed these kits a while ago and thought, well, all parts are pre-cut and the design is pretty much done too so what can I do to change things up a little. Well and this is what I came up with:

I took all my parts out of the kit and put them in front of me. I looked at my old design and started to move things around. Suddenly I thought, why not change the left side of my design by cutting the big photo mat in two and cutting the flower paper square on a diagonal. Voila, here is the re-designed left side. All I added extra were these cute little butterflies.

I moved the flower ensemble between the two photo mats and added the black little stitches for the butterflies and the faux stitching around the jounaling block. 




I did leave the right page in tacked, since I really liked the many photo and journaling possibility. Only a few butterflies were added here and some of the black stitching.

Click here to see the original layout and leave me a comment which one you like better and why.

I really liked the little challenge I placed myself into and it was so much fun that I did the same with two more layouts. So stay tuned for more ideas to come...  

Please email me if you have questions or like to explore any of my classes.







No comments:

Post a Comment