December 12, 2016

Christmas Cards - Sugar Candy

The last days of 2016 are rolling by and another year full of exciting projects comes to an end. Here are some of the Christmas cards we made in class. 

 I found these cute picture of delicious food and beverage items just perfect for the Holiday season. 

I didn't want to cut the pictures apart, but I felt they needed some tweaking...

First I cut a piece of vellum 4 1/2" x 5 1/2". I used white pigment ink and snowflake stamps to create the illusion of falling snow.

After letting it dry over night I folded 1/4" of the vellum over on the left side.

Next I took my card base and adhered the 1/4" of the vellum to the left side of the base, leaving the rest of the vellum loose. (check back here on the blog this week for more details)

 The picture is about the same size than the card base. So I adhere it directly to the base covering the tab on the left of the vellum behind it. Which means the vellum is now securely added to the base and moves like a page in a book.

I stamped my "Merry Christmas" greeting with VersaMark ink and added red glitter embossing powder to it. After heat setting the powder, I cut a little fin at one and and adhered it with foam dots to the vellum.


....and we can't forget the inside. So a nice greetings stamp and a few decorations and this card is done.

Leave me a comment and let me know what you think of this card. If you have questions about the technique or products, please contact me HERE!

Stay tuned for more to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment