July 7, 2017

Technique: Creative Card Folds - Part 2


This is the last folding technique card I made for the blog hop. Like with the peek-a-boo card, it was very important to find the right double-sided paper for this project. Both sides of the paper have to compliment each other to make this card work.

I found this more masculine paper in my stack which I thought would work great with this fold.

I cut a strip of paper at 12" x 5 1/2". Next I scored it at 2", 4", 8" and 10". 
Now you have to make two cuts. Measure on each side (5 1/2" side) 2 3/4" from the bottom and mark the spot. Place the paper with the top 12" side into your trimmer and cut from the top 8" score point down to the 2 3/4" mark on the right side.

You do the same on the other side. Start cutting from the 4" score point on the top down to the 2 3/4" mark on the left side. Don't throw these two triangles away!
Lay the paper in front of you and place each triangle in the previous cut spot. Now take the right triangle, flip it over and adhere it to the left bottom side, flush with the bottom and starting at the 4" score line.
You do the same with the left triangle. Take it, flip it over and adhere it flush with the bottom of the right side, starting it at the 8" score line. Now fold the first left and right segment to the back and the second on each side to the front. They should line up in the middle of your card.

Next I cut a piece of matching colored cardstock at 5 1/4" x 3 3/4", a piece of design paper at 5" x 3 1/2" and a piece of cream cardstock at 4 3/4" x 3 1/4". All are layer on top of each other and adhered in the middle of the card. I stamped some trees to the top, a phrase underneath and an elk to the bottom.

For the "closure" I used a scalloped oval cut from golden glitter paper. I adhere it with foam dots to the left side of the card. A piece of ribbon in black with a golden thread is added with glue dots to the glitter paper before I adhered an oval with my stamped phrase on it on top of the bundle.

This is another really simple but super cute fold that you should try out. I makes a really special card :-) and it is not too complicated even if you are a beginner. So give it a try and please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. 


Stay tuned for more card ideas to come...





No comments:

Post a Comment