July 28, 2017

Technique: In a Bleach of a Moment - Part 2

Welcome back to part 2 of my "In a Bleach of a Moment" series. We already covered some of the does and don'ts and what to look out for when you started. In case you missed the first part, CLICK HERE to see how to start.

Now let's talk about these two cards. For the blue card I started by stamping my flowers in VersaMark and embossed them in silver. 

I started by coloring in the flowers and leaves. Again I used my craft mat to pick up color instead of going direct to the paper. The more you use water with your colors, the light the color is. So you can create different shades with one color. For the green, I used a darker and lighter green color. After all colors were dry, I picked by blues for the background. Starting by putting plain water on the background around my flowers first. Not to much, just so the watercolor paper is a little damp. Next I dropped the color in with my brush and added water to make it flow and run around the flower. 

The bleach is applied around the flower and leaves and I added little sprinkles all over the background. Ones all is dry, I started assembling the card.

I used a regular card base 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I cut a piece of dark-blue cardstock measuring 5 1/4" x 4", but before I adhered it to the base, I went on to add all other embellishments to it. First I placed my watercolor piece on an angle on the card. I cut off the corners that were hanging over the edges. I wrapped around some silver threat and fastened it with tape to the back. Now I adhered the cardstock in the center of the card. I stamped the phrase in VersaMark ink and heat-embossed it with white powder. A few rhinestones are finishing of the card. Beside the inside, that is ;-)

The second image was done the same way as the blue one. I used brown instead for the background and the bleach was only applied to some of the flower pedals and on the edge of the leaves.

When I looked for matching colors, I had the green design paper and some kraft cardstock picked for the blue flowers, when I noticed that this one would perfectly match with the colors :-) sometime you get lucky.

I liked the background and didn't want to size it down too much, but I also didn't want to repeat the design of that other two cards. So..... I though, why not cut a window and place the brown flower image on the inside?



I used a regular cardbase 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and covered it on the front with a piece of kraft cardstock 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" while the inside piece was cut at 4"  5 1/4". Next I cut corresponding design papers in green and adhered them to the kraft pieces (in the center). Now I used a ruler and my craft knife to cut out the window from the front. The cut depends on your image size. I adhered the colored image to the inside of the card so the front window fits right around it. Next I stamped my phrase in the lower right corner and again on the inside (like a mirror image).



The front of the card looked a little blank, so I added two butterflies cut from Vellum to the front. I did cut the butterflies twice and layered them on top of each other. The bottom wings are adhered to the frame and the top layer is decorated with some rhinestones. You might ask, but were to you write your message on? Well, I used the backside for it.

I hope you liked out little excursion into the world of bleach and the images I created. Leave me a comment below what you think of this technique and the cards I made. Stay tuned for next months hop and don't forget to comment on the hop .... there are prizes waiting for a lucky winner :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment