July 12, 2017

White on White - With Sympathy


Today we keep it clean and simple. Sometimes white on white is a great way to show off a great stamp without much extras.

I used a regular sized white card base for this card. I cut a piece of white cardstock at 5 1/4" x 4".

First off I stamped the flower imaged in black ink on the paper, while the stem of the flower was running of the left side. Then I stamped the "With Sympathy" phrase also in black ink to the lower right corner.


I used a stamp with random dots and added a few sprinkles with our Close to My Heart "sea glass" ink around the flower. Just random stamping. The stamped images did kind off floated in the air so I used a ruler and a black ink pen and drew a rectangle around the images, leaving just about 1/8". Make sure not to drew the lines through your images, spare them.

I then added the piece with some foam dots to the front of the card base and added a few matching sequins to the front. For the inside I had this beautiful phrase that came with my "Sympathy" stamp set. I used it on the inside and also drew a frame on the inside of the card.



Really simple, but beautiful, don't you think. Give it a try. Just make sure to work on a clean mat and check your finger often so there is no black ink sticking to them. White doesn't forgive black spots ;-) Let me know what you think about this card? Have you ever tried a white on white card?




No comments:

Post a Comment