July 5, 2017

Get Well Card made with Kraftpaper

I always loved Kraftpaper since it is such a pretty neutral paper and color. For this card we used a cream colored card base from Close to My Heart. I cut the Kraftpaper at 4" x 5 1/4". 

To create the stamped images, I placed a few flower and leave stamps on my Misti (great stamping tool). I arranged them in a way that they would cover the bottom of my paper. Then when I flipped the paper, I could stamp the images again leaving a small space in between them.

So why do I needed the Misti for this? I had to stamp the images multiple times for two reasons:
1. I had to prepare them for class
2. The Kraftpaper sometimes doesn't take the ink with the first stamping

To make sure that all samples are evenly stamped and in the event the ink didn't take with the first stamping I could get it again in the same spot. So how those the Misti work? You arrange your stamps on the lid of the Misti (the inside). Let's say in this example I arranged them all on the bottom of the paper, while my paper is placed in the right lower corner of the Misti. Now you ink them all up, close the lid and the stamping is on the bottom of the paper. Not enough ink showing? Well, make sure the paper is snug in the corner like the first time, ink the stamps up again and close the lid. Press the lid lightly down and open. If the result is good, turn the paper around so the stamped images are on the top now. Place it back in the lower right corner and repeat. This is how every sample looks just like the next. 


Well, back to this card. I handed out a few color pencils to color in two flowers and some leaves on each side, before we adhered the piece in the center of the card front. A little banner was stamped and adhered with foam dots to the front. 

The butterfly was cut twice, ones in Kraftpaper and ones in colored cardstock. Adhered together and decorated with a rhinestone. I did the same with with the little flower. Two flowers for the inside and this card was done.

If you have questions or if you need more information about the Misti, please don't hesitate to contact me HERE





No comments:

Post a Comment