October 2, 2015

Tri-Fold "Home in Tuscany" Cart - Part 2

Welcome to part 2 of the 'Home in Tuscany" tri-fold card. 

Now the fun part begins, coloring it. You can use any coloring medium you like, just make sure you stamped the image with the fitting ink for your medium. If you decide to use alcohol markers, be sure to keep the card open during coloring, since the alcohol markers have the tendency to bleed through the paper. This also means you have to cover the insides of your left and right side with some cardstock!


I decided to color my card in with some watercolor pencils. I started with the side panels and ended with the middle section of my card.

Lets start with the "Table for Two". Feel free to pick any color combination you like. To get some shading into your scenery, make sure to use lighter and darker colors and blend them together.

As you can see on the left, I didn't smooth the colors out at all, that's because I used watercolor pencils, which I can smooth out with water at the end.




Here is a picture of the colors after I blended them with some water.

I used darker colors under the table, on one side of the posts and in the leaves. In some areas I left white spaces so I could blend the color form the side out. 

Once my imaged was colored in, I went ahead with a fine brush and just a hint of water. The brush should feel almost dry to the touch. 
I always start from the light color to the dark, so from the light blue into the dark. I made sure the lines between the shades that I created are smoothed out completely. 

Here are a few more pictures to show you that coloring in with watercolor pencils does not have to be too accurate. 

You can see lines and dark and lighter colors and that's ok, since our next step will blend them together.







As you can see on the right picture, the colors are blending very well and no lines are be seen anymore. The inside of my panels are also nice and clean, so I don't really need to cover them with cardstock, but I will since I think is looks better.







Here the inside of the card before I used the water...















... and after I used the water.



















To give you an idea how the card looks when you open it...
left picture shows the opening of the left side and the right picture shows you the other side....









And the Tri-Fold completely closed. I love these cards...something different to give.

Stay tuned for the finished card with cardstock and embellishments.

Would you like to create this card? Would you like to learn how to stamp a tri-fold card and how to use watercolors? Well contact me for class dates.



No comments:

Post a Comment