October 14, 2015

Watercolor Effect - Thank You Card

Well, I started my card classes up again in September. I hope everyone had a great summer. Hard to believe I am posting this and it is already October...What happened you might ask? Sometimes you really have look deep into your handmade items to find something to put on your blog and then...

... then are these times when you have so much, you don't know when to post it all. So let's play some catch up with last months card class creations:

You might remember the wonderful stamp of the month that Close to My Heart had for September? "Paper Garden" was the name of this set and it let to some wonderful creations.


Here is our first card, just saying "Thanks". I used one of the stamps from the "Paper Garden" set to create the stamped image you see here. A piece of Bamboo cardstock to stamp on and a pieces of white and smokey plum cardstock to mat the image.

The image itself was inked up with sponge daubers to archive the multi-color effect. First I applied sunset, then thistle and finally the pear color. If you are interested to learn more about this technique or many others feel free to contact me!

A strip of whisper grey cardstock was stamped with the little grid stamp from the set. I used whisper ink to stamp the image.

My cardbase is covered with a piece of black cardstock.

I first adhered the flower image and the piece of white cardstock. I then wrapped the grey twine around it and raised it with some foam dots of the smokey plum piece.

Last I adhered the "thanks" word to the card. This one was cut out with the Cricut machine. A few pearls and this card is done.



 

 Well, I hope you like this card and if you are interested to join one of my classes and see for yourself how much fun it is to create your own cards, let me know. I have my class schedule displayed on the blog, but if time and date does not fit our schedule contact me and we see if we can find a solution for you.

You can also always buy any of my projects shown here....contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment