April 15, 2016

Frozen - Sven and Olaf - Page layout


Here is another layout with the "Frozen" theme.

This time I used Sven and Olaf in the layout. White and glitter blue snowflakes decorating the page.

The title "Frozen" comes, like the characters in multiple layers and these were cut with the Cricut Explore as well. Assembling Olaf is a bit easier than working on Sven. He has many parts and many many tiny ones on top!
But I think he was worth it and turned out great. 




In this page layout design I matted all pictures with either colored cardstock or design paper. To bring both sides together I placed a strip of design paper on the bottom of each page. 

Instead of having the characters float on the page, I cut two strips of Close to My Heart white glitter paper, rounded the top corners and used them as snowy ground.
Now it looks like they float on an ice-sheet. 

I always like to pick cardstock and design papers that complement the theme and the request of my customer. The person who ordered this layout at the last crop I attended, wanted multiple characters on different layouts. Also colors mixed for boys and girls, so I would say this is more for the boys, or?

I always like to add a good amount of pictures to the layouts, but I can add as many as you wish...well almost ;)

Once I placed Olaf on his sheet of ice I thought he needed something in his hands. Well what better than a few snowballs. 

I placed those with foam dots around Olaf and added a little bit of glitter to them. I usually place all the characters on foam dots to the pages, since this makes them stand out even more.

When I cut my mats for the photos, I usually cut them 4" x 6", 3"x 4" or 3" x 3". This makes it easier to use the space on the pages and it makes your paper go a long way! Why? Because you have less scrap material left as if you would when you cut your mats with an extra 1/4" to fit your photos. For me it is easier to cut a 1/4" off my photo to make them fit on the mat.

How do you like this layout? Please leave a comment and email me if you like to purchase a layout for your pictures or if you would love to come by and create your own.



No comments:

Post a Comment