March 23, 2014

A Easter Egg Basket

Last but not least, this is the last and final card from our Easter card Workshop class... A basket full of egg-citement... I found this idea at Terry's blog...


Before we start assembling this card, we need to gather some items. First I used the Close To My Heart stamp set "Easter Wishes" (B1422) to stamp the phrase. This set also contains an egg stamp that will fit onto the corresponding Cricut cut out from the Close To My Heart Art Philosophy cartridge. You can use it to stamp out eggs and color them in. I decided to use the cutouts with out the stamp. In stet I added a few dots with gel markers.

The grass was also cut out from the same cartridge. The basket on the other hand was a bit different. I used a 3"x 2" piece of brown cardstock and cut off a triangle shape on each side leaving me with a basket like bottom. To create the basket look I cut a couple of slits into the cardstock to weave 1/4" sized dark brown stripes through. Cut each strip of at the ends. One long strip finished up the baskets top. The handle was cut from a 3" half circle. 

Now the assembling part:
Adhere a piece of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" design paper to the card base (Here I used a pink design).
Adhere the handle piece to the basket.
Now adhere the basket to the card, but only place adhesive on the sides and bottom of the basket, not the top and some adhesive to the handle. We will stick the eggs later behind it so it look like they are peeking out of the basket.
 Attache the basket to the base, about 1/2" off the bottom of the card. Adhere the grass strip to the card flush with the bottom of the base, but glue only on the lower part of the grass. Now start arranging your Easter eggs. Lay them out first to make sure you like their position. Then put a little bit of adhesive on the back and tuck them behind the grass and inside the basket as shown. A bow is attached with glue dots to the handle and the phrase banner is adhered with foam dots.

All that it left for me to say is "Happy Easter" to all of you...

I hope you enjoyed these four little Easter cards and remember, you can order this set of four cards to recreate at home or already assembled for you. Contact me for details about costs and how to get this set home...

Stay tuned for more crafting ideas to come and look out for our next months card class set of four...

No comments:

Post a Comment